Clan TDoM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan TDoM

Home of Clan TDoM

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TDoM Initiation/Grunt Maze

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Demo
Admin
Admin
Demo

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2007-07-27

TDoM Initiation/Grunt Maze Empty
PostSubject: TDoM Initiation/Grunt Maze   TDoM Initiation/Grunt Maze Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 5:41 am

Guess what guys. For the past few months people have been begging and begging to see some headway on an official TDoM Initiation/Grunt Maze. Well, it's finally here. Let me tell you how the story goes...

Once upon a time, there was a man named ChineseDentist. He was a moderate mazer, and liked to go by the nickname Chief. Now, as Chief grew up, he dreamt of one day being a great map-maker (something only appearing in legends). In his travels, he met a young squire by the name of Democratus. This young, dashing squire stated to Chief "Oi, you wanna maze?"....They had a connection from the start.

Now, as time passed, their friendship grew tighter and tighter. They did everything together, ranging from performing daring tricks in Polar Escape 3 to synchronized Eskimo-dodging in Maze of Sliding Bunnies. Nothing could stand in their way...except one thing.

They both lacked motivation.

As life continued, they both got a name for themselves. Chief became a real Chief of a newly-built clan, TSMC. Demo's computer was broken at this time and was unavailable to see his success. However, Demo soon came back and became an associate in Chief's clan. Eventually, the great Lord of clan DoM2 (Not to mention TDoM) began to loosen his grip on reality, and the clan began to tumble at his feet.

Chief jumped in at the last second and saved the day, rebuilding the clan from scratch...Until the Prodigy returned....Nestharus

He took the form of TDoM-C_Chaos, and he claimed his position as the rightful operator of Clan TDoM. At this point, Chief began to fade away into something of a retirement. By this time, he had fulfilled his dream of becoming a map-maker. However, his greatest flaw, one that he shared with Demo, persistently stood in his way: his lack of motivation. He never worked on a map to the point that he could truly call it completed, and this gave him great distress.

At this point, Demo and Chief began to grow apart. Chief, being distressed by his inability to complete any projects, began to move on to different things. Namely, World of Warcraft. This new craze enveloped him in a false world of satisfaction, and he left his fellow teammates stranded.

This is not to say Nestharus was a bad clan leader. Far from it. However, Chief held great sway over the lands, and his leaving the world meant a severe morale loss in our members. In addition to this, Nestharus saw greater things for himself than a clan on Warcraft...he saw himself leading a whole game himself.

In his ambition, Nestharus found himself seeking greater things. He began to be discouraged at his position, and became more and more distracted from the world around him. It was time to turn in his reins to those below him. But to whom?

Unlikely as all, the reins did fall upon Democratus, the one who had considered himself a perpetual Shaman of a dying clan. It was up to him to recover the world that he knew.

Unfortunately, with great power comes great responsibility. And those who hold great responsibility...must have motivation.
It was not so with Demo (that rhymes).

As with the others, Demo attempted to rebuild the clan. He was desperate, willing to recruit almost anyone. Many of the original members called him mad and left the clan, many tried to see it through and rebuild the name of it. But they all knew TDoM's fate, it could never be what it used to: legendary.

Demo was shaken. His oldest friends had left him, only a spare few remained. Who could he confide in? What point was there in continuing in this perpetual circle of downfall?

But wait. There is a light.
If but Demo could find a purpose to his ventures. If he could find the "One" who would save the clan, the "One" capable of recovering the name of TDoM...Then maybe his world would not seem so empty.

He would need a legendary name...someone famous, someone with true talent, and someone who's not an arrogant prick.
That someone...was Paperscraps.

And so, Demo did enlist Scraps as a friend, praying on his greatest traits and beseeching him as an ally. And so it was, Demo had found meaning to his work, and the project he had set out to do (this was the TDoM Maze, of course) could finally be completed.

Originally it was the job of Chief to complete, but he had retired the position upon his meeting with a cruel emptiness. And then, it was passed onto Demo, who was struck with the loss of his allies. After this, many of his underlings had attempted to complete the task for him, but to no avail.

Finally, this great, legendary map-maker could continue their work. For, after all, this was someone who had truly made a name for himself, a name of which Demo was confident meant that the project could be completed, and, just maybe, the name of TDoM could be redeemed.

And so, the story concludes, for now, approaching the deadline for this project. After many many weeks of toil, testing, and endless hours of insulting each other using Jass references, the map is approaching its completion.

NOTE: When I first started this thread I thought I'd just come in and say "Hey guys, I got Scraps working on the map and he said he's a good portion of the way through it. He gave me an estimated deadline of this weekend, but I'd expect something more along next week. Peace.", but, instead, this came out. So, either one works.
Back to top Go down
Elmo
Elmo

Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: TDoM Initiation/Grunt Maze   TDoM Initiation/Grunt Maze Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 5:52 am

Nice. I like it.
A lot.

Anyhow, I'm afraid no one can help TDoM or any other clan. I have a feeling Warcraft III is, well, obsolete. Old. Depleted. Over the hill. WoW is getting another expansion, StarCraft II is coming out, and the command and conquer series are quite enjoyable!
Even I lost faith and stopped mapping quite some time ago... The odd script I'd start then just kinda forget. I dled JASSCraft because I got an idea for a script then I thought wow no one is gonna use this not even myself and I haven't gotten around to dumping it yet.
I guess I'm not waiting for StarCraft II, which I did not want. However opinions cannot be opinionated anymore. They must be forced upon by the outer world influences.
Back to top Go down
Demo
Admin
Admin
Demo

PostSubject: Re: TDoM Initiation/Grunt Maze   TDoM Initiation/Grunt Maze Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 5:44 pm

The day is coming upon us...and I fear for my life. All of that time spent mapping, and for what? Oh well, maybe this will be the final kick in the ass that'll get me to do real programming, not just crap any 3rd grader can do.
Back to top Go down
Soul
Admin
Admin
Soul

Number of posts : 66

PostSubject: Re: TDoM Initiation/Grunt Maze   TDoM Initiation/Grunt Maze Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 2:07 am

This post is very emotional, I just feel sad it didn't have interesting stories about Soul in it. farao

Nice history lesson, too.
Back to top Go down
https://clantdom.forumotion.com
chicken7

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2007-07-28

PostSubject: Re: TDoM Initiation/Grunt Maze   TDoM Initiation/Grunt Maze Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 5:02 am

its okay soul... we all get emotional when see old pics Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Elmo
Elmo

Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: TDoM Initiation/Grunt Maze   TDoM Initiation/Grunt Maze Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 3:37 pm

Well apparently SCII is gonna use JASS... So yall better learn it Wink
WE HAVE SOME HOPE Razz
Back to top Go down
Demo
Admin
Admin
Demo

PostSubject: Re: TDoM Initiation/Grunt Maze   TDoM Initiation/Grunt Maze Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 11:43 pm

Pew pew!
But...I don't have money.

Oh well.

I tried to return NWN and they wouldn't give it back because of "copy protection laws"...But, then again, they're totally right cause I so made an image of that game (just in case I got it working), so I can't blame them (though I do).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TDoM Initiation/Grunt Maze   TDoM Initiation/Grunt Maze Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TDoM Initiation/Grunt Maze
Page 1 of 1